Dear Business Roundtable Members & Prospective Members:
Let me introduce you to the Oklahoma Business Roundtable, an association of business leaders and economic development partners dedicated to growing Oklahoma.
Our stated mission is: Business Leadership Advancing Oklahoma’s Economy. We do this by serving as the state’s primary economic development “support” organization – providing vital funding to assist business retention, expansion, recruitment and company start-up efforts. We are a nonprofit, nonpartisan group that was formed in 1991.
The Roundtable assists our Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Commerce Department and many statewide partners - with focused investments targeted toward the greatest economic development return. This backing includes assisting workforce development, trade and investment missions; marketing Oklahoma globally; hosting prospects, site location consultants and dignitaries; promoting quality improvement and economic development strategic planning efforts; and sponsoring special business development events.
Creating quality jobs and growing Oklahoma’s economy is our priority. We continue to make a difference. This past year, our state’s leaders, the Commerce Department and partner communities worked directly on 64 projects creating 12,320 new jobs and over $1 billion in private sector investment. New and announced corporate investment statewide is even more.
As business leaders, our continued investment supporting job creation and long-term economic opportunity in communities across the state builds a stronger Oklahoma. Thank you for being a key partner in the state’s comprehensive economic development effort.
Governor Bill Anoatubby
The Chickasaw Nation
Program of Work:
- Encourage and promote the state’s economic development.
- Promote new business investment throughout Oklahoma, including start-up, expansion and attraction of business facilities and operations.
- Provide financial support for receptions, meetings, seminars, targeted research studies, trade and investment missions and other domestic and global promotion activities that are essential to Oklahoma’s growth and development.
- Help share the cost of recruitment and prospect travel and associated proposal development.
- Coordinate development efforts with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and the statewide private-sector Governor’s Economic Development Team and Governor’s International Team.