Dear Business Roundtable Members & Prospective Members:
The Oklahoma Business Roundtable is an association of business leaders and economic development partners dedicated to the future economic growth of Oklahoma.
As we enter our 30th year of service, the Roundtable has proven to be an effective and successful economic development organization, joining a broad range of business, community, and education leaders into one mission: Business Leadership Advancing Oklahoma’s Economy.
We are a nonprofit, nonpartisan economic development “support” organization providing vital private sector funding to enhance business retention, expansion, start-up, and attraction of new business enterprises.
We assist our Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Commerce Department, and many statewide partners with focused investments targeted toward the greatest economic development return. This backing includes workforce development projects; assisting trade and investment missions; marketing Oklahoma globally; hosting prospects, site location consultants and dignitaries; economic development strategic planning efforts; and sponsoring special business development events.
Creating quality jobs and growing Oklahoma’s economy is our priority and we continue to make a difference. This past year, the Commerce Department worked directly on 52 projects creating over 5,000 new jobs and over $1.32 billion in capital investment. New and announced private sector investment was more.
As business and community leaders, our continued investment of support to job creation and long-term economic opportunity in communities across the state builds a stronger Oklahoma.
Program of Work:
- Encourage and promote the state’s economic development.
- Promote new business investment throughout Oklahoma, including start-up, expansion and attraction of business facilities and operations.
- Provide financial support for receptions, meetings, seminars, targeted research studies, trade and investment missions and other domestic and global promotion activities that are essential to Oklahoma’s growth and development.
- Help share the cost of recruitment and prospect travel and associated proposal development.
- Coordinate development efforts with the Oklahoma Department of Commerce and the statewide private-sector Governor’s Economic Development Team and Governor’s International Team.